Saturday, July 30, 2011

Saving and Recipes

Hey there! Long time no blog.  I can't believe it's been so long since I posted here.  Hope your all doing well :)

I've been trying really hard lately to budget/save money for my family. Since at this point we are a one income family with occasional money from my business.  I've started using coupons,  meal planning, and using Dave Ramsey's Envelope System.  I think everyone has been hit in some form or another by these hard economic times.  As we all know groceries are crazy expensive.  So, I meal plan for a 2 week period.  Once a week we have a leftover day to help clear out the fridge. We also have one eat out day a week.  So, that leaves 10 days for me to plan for.  I have been really interested in trying Freezer cooking. Pick one day and take a few hours to prepare your meals for a while.  Here's a great post that features a ton of cheap freezer meal ideas.



Here is another link for freezer crock pot meals....awesome! 



I love my crock pot. They make life so much easier.  But, I always have a tendency to forget I have it.  Weird, I know.  I am going to make a point to use it  more often which will be easier now that I found some really yummy recipes for it.  Here they are for you too :)

Slow Cooker Pasta Fagioli from Frugal Village


Slow Cooker Lasagna from Fix-it and Forget-it


Classic Beef Stew from My Recipes


BBQ Chicken from Such a Time as This


Adobo Chicken from 52 Kitchen Adventures
(I really like this one cause my husband is Filipino and we eat this often)


A weeks worth of recipes. Pull out that crock pot and put it to good use.  That way you can sit back and relax as it does all the work :)  Do you have any good links to freezer meal recipes or crock pot recipes? Do share in the comments.  I'm always up for new recipes around here :)

1 comment:

  1. Lot of great ideas. I do use my crockpot and I try to plan 2 meals from one main dish to not only make supper easier but save money.

    ReplyDelete