Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Such a Hoot


I have been purchasing Christmas gifts here and there. Along with adding to my handmade gifts list.  Today’s post is focused on my 3 year old daughters gifts. She is in desperate need of new bedding. She has been using the bedding I had as a kid. Recently she took a marker to the comforter, and it is now ruined….ugh!  I was going to make her a quilted duvet cover until I saw this bed in a bag set from Target….oh how I love Target!
OWLBEDING
So flippin cute, huh?  My daughter saw it and wanted it too.  She also saw this and wanted it.
Owlpillow
I figured I can totally make an owl pillow myself….can’t be that hard, right?
I love this bedding from Pottery Barn…..but the price tag of the Target bedding is more appeling, and the bed set is just as cute.  But I wanted to share any ways.
img50l
See the owl pillows?  Well, here they are close up.
img57m
Love them!!!
So as you can see I am going with an owl theme for her. They are so adorable.
Check out what Jen from The Little Things made. I would LOVE to make one or more of these for my girlie’s wall too.
6a00d83451774c69e20120a56084ba970c-500wi
All you need is a canvas, scrap booking papers, Digi scrap kit w/your desired pattern, any embellishments you would like, and one of my new favorite things MOD PODGE!!!!!
I found this super cute Owl Doll Tutorial from Cindi over at Old Time Cindi.  If I enlarge it I can use it as the pillow.
IMG_1367
These owls from The Celebration Shoppe are also a possibility.
diy-owl-crafts-1024x682
Ohhh Ohh Ohhh, I found another owl applique on my search for owl tutorials.
Head over to The Cottage at Frog Creek to download it for yourself.
pict0269
All of this owl cuteness…..I just can’t stand it!
I am really hoping I can get ALL of the things on my handmade list done in time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment